- WINTAC Pre-ETS Resources
- Federal Resources & Information
- National Technical Assistance Centers Focused on Youth, Disability, and Transition
- External Websites
Work Based Learning Measures Series available through The College and Career Readiness and Success Center A resource on measuring student learning while participating in work-based learning experiences
CRP Guidebook: This guide, developed by WINTAC and Transcen Inc., provides strategies for CRP’s to collaborate with SVRA’s on effective provision of Pre-ETS
- Pre-Employment Transition Services Implementation Checklist
- Time Allocation Guide for Pre-Employment Transition Services
- Process for determining if the agency can move from required pre-employment transition services to authorized activities
- Updated 07/10/17: WINTAC-NTACT-Interagency Agreement Toolkit Guide
- New: Introduction To Formal Interagency Agreement Toolkit
- New: Discussion Prompts-Interagency Agreement Local Level
- New: Discussion Prompts-Interagency Agreement State Level
- New: Rehab Act and IDEA regs for Interagency Agreement
- New: Interagency Agreement Language Examples
- Check out Pacer's resource on Free and low cost mobile apps available to support students with disabilities.
- “Mental Health, Anxiety and Vision Loss”
- “Preparing Youth with Vision Loss for Careers and Success: What Parents Can Do”
- “Disability Laws and Rights: What Youth with Vision Loss Need to Know”
Resources for the Required Pre-ETS Activities
These resources are intended to provide transition planning programming support for students and youth with disabilities. They can be used by vr professionals, educators, service providers, family members and individuals with disabilities.
- Job exploration counseling
- Work-based learning experiences, which may include in-school or after school opportunities, experiences outside of the traditional school setting, and/or internships
- Counseling on opportunities for enrollment in comprehensive transition or postsecondary educational programs
- Workplace readiness training to develop social skills and independent living
- Instruction in self-advocacy
- RSA presentation from the 2016 CSAVR conference:
- RSA Technical Assistance Circular (TAC) 18-02 titled "Submission Procedures for Prior Written Approval Requests under the State Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) Services Program."
- Technical Assistance Audio Program on Pre-Employment Transition Services Expenditures
- A Transition Guide to Postsecondary Education and Employment for Students and Youth with Disabilities
- Auxiliary Aids and Services for Students with Disabilities In the Provision of Pre-Employment Transition Services
- What to Know About Work-Based Learning Experiences for Students and Youth with Disabilities
- What to Know About Transition Services for Students and Youth with Disabilities
- The 2020 Youth Transition Plan: A federal Interagency Strategy
- RSA: Period of Performance for Formula Grant Awards FAQs
- PD-16-04 - "Revision of Policy Directive (PD) 14-01 instructions for the completion of the Case Service Report (RSA-911) for the State Vocational Rehabilitation Services Program and the State Supported Employment Services Program"
Guidelines: Supporting Documentation for Case Service Report (RSA-911)
Revised June 14, 2017 (PDF, 1MB)
- TAC-17-01 - "Performance Accountability Guidance for Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act Title I, Title II, Title III and Title IV Core Programs"
RSA Webinar on New FY 2015 GAN Attachment for Pre-Employment Transition Services, Supported Employment, and Maintenance of Effort
- Transcript for RSA Webinar on New FY 2015 GAN Attachments for Pre-ETS, Supported Employment, and Maintenance of Effort
The Department of Labor's has the following e-laws resources regarding the Fair Labor Standards act and volunteers and school to work designations.
- elaws - Fair Labor Standards Act Advisor: Volunteers
- elaws - Fair Labor Standards Act Advisor: School-to-Work
- elaws - Fair Labor Standards Act Advisor: Trainees
- The Department of Labor, Wage and Hour Division (WHD) has the following Fact Sheets regarding the Fair Labor Standards Act:
#71: Internship Programs Under The Fair Labor Standards Act
This fact sheet provides general information to help determine whether interns and students working for “for-profit” employers are entitled to minimum wages and overtime pay under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
- This fact sheet provides general information to help determine whether interns and students working for “for-profit” employers are entitled to minimum wages and overtime pay under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).